Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
This is a very tasty meatless dish. I like to stuff it in pita pockets. wraps or scoop it with tortilla chips. Tastes great warm or cold. *I found 2 teaspoons a bit overwhelming, so I recommend if you make this start with 1 and sample it before you add any more.
- 1⁄2 cup bulgur, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup small French lentils (or any lentils)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped small
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced (spring onions)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 g Sazon Goya seasoning (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper
- romaine lettuce, leaves separated (optional)
- Place bulgur in a large bowl, set aside. Place lentils in a small saucepan;add enough water to cover by 2 inches. Heat to a boil; reduce heat to simmer; cook until lentils are tender - about 15 minutes.
- Drain any liquid; pour hot lentil over bulgur, mix thoroughly. Cover; let stand until bulgur becomes soft about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the red onion cook until golden. Pour onion and olive oil from pan into bulgur and lentil mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- You can use romaine leaves to scoop and eat.