1/1 Photo of Spicy Korean Rice Cake With Cheese (Cheese Tteokbokki)
Tteokbokki pronounced Toppoki is a popular Korean fast food. Rice cake is very filling and goes well with veggies and boiled egg (they are optional, you can add any veggies or meat you like) to the sauce. Melted cheese adds a gooey yumminess to this already delicious dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 600 g Korean Rice Cakes
- 2 tofu (abura age, sheets of fried tofu, sliced bite size)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 leek (finely chopped)
- 1 carrot (rectangular slices)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs (cut into half)
- 400 ml water (you can adjust thickness of sauce)
- 14.79 ml sesame seeds (white)
- 50 g cheese (shredded)
- 11) Prepare boiled eggs, cut the veggies and abura-age.
- 22) In a bowl, mix gochujang sauce.
- 33) Boil the water in a frying pan. When it has boiled turn down to medium heat and add rice cake.
- 44) When rice cake is soft, simmer on a low heat and add all ingredients and combine with gochujang sauce.
- 55) When veggies are cooked through and sauce is thick, top with shredded cheese.
- 66) Sprinkle white sesame seed on top.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Korean Rice Cake With Cheese (Cheese Tteokbokki)
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.4
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 147.8 mg
- Sodium 228.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Korean Rice Cakes
red chili paste