1/2 Photos of Spicy Italian Sausage Pie
Snack, brunch, breakfast, dinner, potluck or party fare. This one covers it all.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 inches refrigerated pie crusts or 9 inches frozen pie crusts
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 3/4 cup roasted red pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese or 2 cups provolone cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese or 1/2 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F
- 2Place crust in 9-inch pie pan. Prick bottom of crust with fork. Line crust with foil. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven; remove foil. Return to oven until crust is golden brown, about 7 minutes. Cool slightly.
- 3Heat large saute pan over medium heat. Add sausage, crumbling well. Cook through.
- 4Add peppers, onions, herbs and pepper; cook until onions are translucent, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Spoon sausage mixture into pie shell. Sprinkle with Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheeses.
- 5Whisk eggs and milk in bowl. Pour over sausage mixture. Bake until egg mixture is set, puffed and golden, about 25-30 minutes. Cool before slicing.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Italian Sausage Pie
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 607.8
- Calories from Fat 410
- Total Fat 45.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 220.1 mg
- Sodium 1328.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 29.0 g