Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Deliciously spicy, and very aromatic. These are far more interesting than regular old meatballs.
Make and share this Spicy Indian Kofta recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground lamb or 1 1⁄2 lbs beef
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cayenne bell peppers (I just used Thai bird's eye chilies)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- 6 mint leaves, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 medium potato, finely grated
- salt and pepper
- Put the ground meat in a larger bowl, and add ginger, garlic, cayenne peppers, onion, egg, tumeric, garam masala, cilantro, mint, potato, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well (you'll have to use your hands for this one).
- Form golf ball sized balls with the meat mixture, and set aside.
- Allow to rest 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375º.
- Place the kofta on a non-stick cookie sheet and bake 25 minutes or until cooked through, and slightly browned.
- Serve hot, with nan bread, cucumber-yogurt sauce and a fresh tomato and mint salad.
Came together easly - definately needs the salt and pepper. Will make again for sure.
Excellent recipe! Loved by everyone .. I followed your suggestion and served with yogurt cucumber sauce (with mint, garlic and cumin) thank you for a great recipe!
Lovely! I made this but cooked them in the fry pan with a little spray oil. Delish! Will be making again.