Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A quick weeknight grill recipe with a taste of the islands.
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, Freshly Grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 tuna fillets (about 2.5cm/1-inch thick) or 4 tuna steaks (about 2.5cm/1-inch thick)
- Preheat the grill to hot.
- Line the grill pan with aluminium foil if desired.
- Place the cumin, coriander, cayenne, oil, lime, ginger and salt in a shallow dish and mix well.
- Add the fish and turn to coat on all sides. Grill for 3-5 minutes on each side or to your liking.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe is so quick and perfect for a weeknight or any night meal. I made this for 2 and served it with rice pilaf and a tossed salad. It was perfect. Thanks Brenda for posting.
I made this last night for dinner and it was simple, easy and tasty. I was a little concerned at first that the spices would be overpowering but they are not. I served mine with some cilantro-lime mayo. Made for ZWT5.
Fantastic! I had the time, so marinated my fish for 1.5 hours. Also added about 1 teaspoon of the zest from the lime. Then grilled on the Foreman. The tang from the lime cuts through the sometimes overpowering taste of tuna, and the spices really add a lot of complimentary flavors. Served this with Brussels Sprouts With Bacon and Pecans and orange segments for dessert. This will be a favorite for my partner and I to have tuna from now on! Thanks for sharing Brenda!