Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is one of my cousin Linda's favorite dishes. You can serve this up with Linda's Mexican Fried Rice Mexican Fried Rice.
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup green chili salsa or 1⁄4 cup regular salsa
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 6 lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine eggs and 1/4 cup salsa, set aside.
- Combine breadcrumbs and taco mix.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture and dredge in crumb mixture.
- Melt 1/4 Cup butter in bottom of 13x9x2 pan.
- Place chicken in pan turning once to coat with butter.
- Bake uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes.
- To Serve: Place chicken on bed of shredded lettuce and garnish with dollops of sour cream, green onions and tomatoes.
- Serve with lime wedges and additional salsa.