Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious recipe from "The Brimming Basket," the newsletter of the Pike Place Market Basket CSA. It was adapted from a Whole Foods Market recipe by Rick Bayless.
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 cup shelled edamame (fresh green soy beans)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄8 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- fresh cut vegetables, for dipping
- pita bread, cut in wedges, for dipping
- In a dry skillet over medium heat and turning frequently, roast the garlic until softened, about 15 minutes- they will be dark in some spots; let them cool and remove the skins.
- In salted water to cover, simmer the edamame until they are tender, about 5 minutes; drain, reserving 1/3 cup of the cooking water, and set aside to cool.
- In a food processor or blender, coarsely chop the peeled garlic.
- Add the drained edamame, salt, coriander, cayenne, and cumin, and process until smooth, adding as much of the reserved cooking water as necessary to make a puree.
- Add the oil, lime juice, and cilantro, and pulse to combine.
- Place the dip in a serving dish, and serve with vegetable and pita wedge dippers.