Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I clipped this recipe from a magazine years ago.
- 8 medium chicken drumsticks
- 1 medium onion
- nonstick cooking spray
- 6 ounces vegetable juice, spicy hot (3/4c.)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 0.75 (8 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- parsley sprig, for garnish
- Remove skin from drumsticks. Dice onion. Spray a 10-inch skillet with cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, cook drumsticks and onion until onion is golden and drumsticks are browned, turning drumstick , occasionally.
- In a cup mix cornstarch with 1/2 cup water. Stir cornstarch mixture, vegetable juice, and salt into drumstick mixture; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, 20 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a knife, turning drumsticks occasionally.
- While drumsticks are cooking, prepare bow-tie pasta as label direct; drain; keep warm.
- To serve, arrange drumsticks and sauce. on warm platter. Spoon bow-tie pasta next to drumsticks. Garnish with parsley.