Recipe by mandabears
This is a Sandra Lee recipe that I modified to use drumsticks instead of drummettes which I think are expensive and a not even worth using, just an opinion. These were very easy to make and a big hit at our Super Bowl party. I just doubled the marinade/spice mixture. Oh and it uses a slow cooker, the greatest invention of mankind.
- 1 (1 5/8 ounce) packet buffalo, wing seasoning mix I use McCormick
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt, I use Garlic Powder, there is enough salt in the seasoning mix
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken drumsticks, you can use Drummettes
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Position a rack 4-6 inches from heat and preheat broiler.
- Line a baking or broiler pan with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl stir together seasoning mix and salt.
- Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Place chicken on baking sheet and broil 8-10 minutes until chicken begins to brown, turn over once.
- Rinse out bowl add hoisin sauce, ketchup and brown sugar.
- Working with several pieces of chicken at a time, coat chicken with sauce and place in a 4-5 quart slow cooker.
- If there is any sauce left, pour over chicken in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours.
- Transfer chicken to serving platter.
- Skim fat from top of cooking liquid and serve sauce on the side.