Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This was on the Todayshow. I wanted to post this because it looks so good!
- 1 lb celery rib, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons vinegar (preferably rice or cider)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon chili oil (optional)
- Cut the celery into 2-inch lengths. Mix with the salt and sugar and set aside for 10 minutes while you whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Rinse, drain, and pat dry the celery, then toss with the dressing. Let stand in the refrigerator for at least three hours, and up to a day.
- Serve chilled.
I wasn't sure what to expect with this recipe. It turned out nice and light with quite a bit of flavor. I think I would have liked the way it looked better if I had cut the celery on the diagonal and maybe added some red bell pepper for color. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
I actually remember seeing this on the today show and I'm glad I was able to find it. I made it for my boss' baby shower and everyone enjoyed it (competition was tough everyone I work with has culinary experience so all the food was good.) I added sesame seeds as well to top it off. This such a great and easy appetizer parties.