Recipe by Jamilahs_Kitchen
From nzlamb.com. Posted for ZWT 5.
Top Review by KateL
4.5 stars, DH wants this again, but I think some cornstarch would improve the sauce (it was a bit watery). If your kids like Chinese five-spice powder, this makes a great family meal for those "little pieces of gold" as MDM called lamb chops; the sauce was not overly sweet. This went together very fast, wonderful for a weeknight meal. Thanks for sharing this, Jamilah! Made for Australia/New Zealand region in ZWT5.
- 6 new zealand lamb loin chops
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 4 ounces carrots, cut into match sticks
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 7 ounces pineapple chunks, in natural juice
- 4 ounces mange-touts peas or 4 ounces snow peas or 4 ounces French style green beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the loin chops and secure the tail of each around the eye with a cocktail stick.
- Dry fry the chops until brown and sealed, remove from the pan.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger and carrots and fry until starting to soften. Return the chops to the pan, add the soy sauce, Chinese Five Spice, pineapple and juice, and mange tout.
- Simmer, covered, for 5-10 minutes until tender.
- Remove the cocktail sticks, then serve the meal with rice and a bean sprout salad if desired.