1/1 Photo of Spicy Chinese New Zealand Lamb
From nzlamb.com. Posted for ZWT 5.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 new zealand lamb loin chops
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 4 ounces carrots, cut into match sticks
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 7 ounces pineapple chunks, in natural juice
- 4 ounces mange-touts peas or 4 ounces snow peas or 4 ounces French style green beans
- 1Trim the loin chops and secure the tail of each around the eye with a cocktail stick.
- 2Dry fry the chops until brown and sealed, remove from the pan.
- 3Add the onion, garlic, ginger and carrots and fry until starting to soften. Return the chops to the pan, add the soy sauce, Chinese Five Spice, pineapple and juice, and mange tout.
- 4Simmer, covered, for 5-10 minutes until tender.
- 5Remove the cocktail sticks, then serve the meal with rice and a bean sprout salad if desired.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chinese New Zealand Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 506.9
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 105.4 mg
- Sodium 604.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 25.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder