Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking – 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness Serves 4
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 3⁄4 cup cilantro
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled soft fresh goat cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, chiles and cilantro; pulse until finely chopped.
- Transfer chickpeas to bowl and stir in egg, bread crumbs, cumin, paprika and salt. Form into 4 patties.
- In large skillet, heat oil. Add patties and cook 4 minutes. Turn and cook on other side. Top patties with goat cheese. Transfer to buns.