Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was adapted from a recipe in Men's Health Magazine for pork stir fry. All we had was chicken, so went with it.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 small zucchini, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup carrot, cut into strips
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Heat oil and pepper flakes in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 2 - 3 minutes, until no longer pink. Stir frequently.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring frequently until vegetables are cooked.
- Serve with brown rice.
Delicious stir fry recipe! I cut the recipe in half and added some red pepper to the vegetables. However, I do usually prefer stir fry recipes with a sauce that has something to thicken it, like cornstarch. It makes a great, basic spicy stir fry. Thanks for posting. Made for Aussie?NZ Recipe Swap.
Delicious! I only used 1 zucchini and used canola oil (that's all I had). I loved the spicy bite you get from the red pepper flakes. Will make often! Made for PAC Spring 2011.
Oh boy this is terrific!! I don't care for onions so added some green pepper instead. I thought the sauce was great - full of flavor but nice and light. We really loved the spiciness of this too. This recipe is a winner - thanks for posting it! Made for Spring PAC 2009