Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Back of the box recipe from Dundee Hazelnuts
- 1 lb fresh tomatillos or 1 (12 ounce) can tomatillos
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons onions
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup canned diced green chilis
- 6 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, Shredded
- 1 cup hazelnuts, Roasted and Chopped
- If using fresh tomatillos, prepare by washing and removing husks. Place in saucepan, cover with water and simmer until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes; drain. If using tomatillos, drain and discard liquid.
- For sauce, mince garlic, jalapeños, cilantro and onions in food processor or blender. Add drained tomatillos, sour cream, yogurt, honey and salt; purée.
- Mix in green chilies and set aside. Soften tortillas either by frying on both sides in a small amount of vegetable oil, by wrapping in foil and placing in hot oven until hot, or by placing in microwave oven until heated.
- In the center of each tortilla, place about 2 tablespoons each of chicken, sauce and cheese. Add about 2 teaspoons chopped hazelnuts. Pour 1/4 of the sauce in the bottom of a greased 9×12-inch baking dish. Place filled enchiladas in dish and pour remaining sauce over top.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and then with hazelnuts. Bake in a 350º oven until heated through, about 20 minutes.