Recipe by cookiedog
Although the recipes title is "spicy" I guess it is a matter of opinion because although it is flavorful it is kind of mild. The recipe is courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis.
Top Review by Sarah
This was delicious! I made this for three of us, so used 3 chicken breasts instead of the combination. I also used boneless and skinless, which was just personal preference. I kept the other ingredient amounts the same, and there was just the right amount of sauce for our liking. Thanks for posting such a tasty recipe!
- 4 chicken thighs, with skin and bones
- 2 chicken breasts, with skin and bones halved crosswise
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chili oil, see Chili Oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pitted coarsely chopped green olives
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a heavy large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Stir in the garlic, olives, 3 tablespoons of parsley and capers.
- Add the wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until the chicken is just cooked through, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken mixture to a platter. Spoon the sauce over. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of parsley and serve.