Recipe by shikhaabrao
This recipe is given by a famous Indian chef. It's really simple if you have all your ingredients right in front of you. I love spicy food and this is a very easy to make chicken recipe. It goes well with plain boiled white rice. This recipe really charges everyone up in my family, especially on a rainy day during the Indian monsoon! I hope somebody tries this out. You can play down the spice a bit if you like
- 800 g chicken
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 inch gingerroot, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 15 curry leaves
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 10 coarsely pounded black peppercorns
- 3 chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a heavy based pan.
- Add the ginger, garlic, chopped onions and curry leaves; stir fry till the onions become glassy. The flavour of the curry leaves just hit you at this point.
- Add the coriander, chili, and turmeric, powder; mix well. Sprinkle a little water so that the masalas don't burn.
- Now add your chicken, salt, crushed peppercorns and mix.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, chopped cilantro and the rest of the water; mix well.
- Cover and cook till chicken is done.
- Remember do not add too much of water as the gravy should be thick.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve hot with boiled rice or paranthas.