- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onions, finely chopped or 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 15 ounces rotel tomatoes with green chili peppers
- tortilla chips, scoop-shaped, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and 1/4 cup onions in a large nonstick skillet. Break apart as needed. Drain.
- Combine beef with remaining ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW 2 1/2 hours, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve from slow cooker with scoop-shaped tortilla chips.
- TIP: The smaller the Velveeta chunks, the faster they will melt.
- VARIATION: Instead of the 1/4 cup onions, use 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder.