Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is soooo good, my kids love it and it makes a nice change from traditional batters.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a medium bowl, mix dry ingredients and cheddar cheese.
- Blend in milk and vegetable oil until smooth.
- Dip fish or shellfish into batter.
- Deep-fry at 375 for 3 to 5 minutes.