Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this copycat recipe online in a group called Dear Chef Secrets. It's supposed to be pretty close to the one served at the restaurant.
- 10 ounces fettuccine pasta, cooked
- 1 cup spicy cajun pasta sauce, see below
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and sliced
- 1 teaspoon parsley, Chopped
Spicy Cajun Pasta Sauce
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, large chunks
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, large chunks
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, large chunks
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup v- 8 vegetable juice
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in saute pan.
- Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add onions, saute one minute, then add peppers and continue to saute another minute.
- Deglaze with chicken stock, reducing by half.
- Add V-8 juice and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Thicken with cornstarch to desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked pasta to sauce and heat through until hot.
- Arrange on serving dish and top with chicken breast.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley.
I made this as described, other than mixing the chicken in with the sauce. This made a lovely coating sauce, with a tangy flavour that we very much enjoyed. Even my rather picky younger daughter enjoyed this dish, the cayenne pepper is just enough to please the palate without being ' burny '. Thank you lazyme, lovely recipe, quickly prepared for a good midweek dinner, dish, this recipe was made for My 3 Chefs 2012.