Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Well here I was with quite a large squash so I decided to try something a bit different and came up with this recipe. We enjoyed it and I hope you will too. Because I was just creating this recipe and most people like a bit of oil I used a tbsp, but you can eliminate it--the spices will adhere to the squash without it!
- 1 medium size butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed and cut into fry chips, approx 1/2-inch thick pieces by 3-4-inch long
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Mix your spices together and pour them into a plastic bag that is large enough to hold the squash.
- Add the oil (if using) & pour in the squash Shake the bag so all the chips are evenly coated.
- Place them with the apple quarters on a parchment covered pizza stone single layer or on a parchment-covered cookie sheet.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 15 minutes, flip the chips and the apples continue baking for a further 10 minutes or until the chips are tender.
Good idea! I drizzled maple syrup over my fries for a sweet side dish. It cooked exactly according to time and I opted to shake the spices and oil in a pot to reduce waste. Every little bit counts... Thanks!