Sweet Potato Oven Fries With Avocado Dip
photo by Kit Katchen
- Ready In:
- 2 large sweet potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 4-inch long and 1/4 -inch thick fries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or more)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- coarse ground rock salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Hass avocado
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 2 scallions, white and light green part only, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl and toss with olive oil until the sweet potatoes are coated. Add the paprika, chili powder, coriander, salt, and pepper; toss to distribute evenly.
- Arrange the coated fries in a single layer on the prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes on the lower rack until the sweet potatoes soften. Transfer the pan to the upper rack of the oven and bake 10 minutes longer, until fries are crispy. Serve with Avocado Dip.
- Avocado Dip:.
- Place the avocado, mayonnaise, cream cheese, jalapeno, scallions, and lime juice into a blender or small food processor. Blend for 1 minute or until you have a smooth paste. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve as a dip for the Sweet Potato Oven Fries.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this for a few friends and they loved it! I substituted the paprika and coriander (didnt have them on hand) and used Thyme instead. They came out great! The dip was good. I highly dislike mayonnaise so it could be made with sour cream as a substitute. I will make this again! It goes great with veggie burgers!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am native Bulgarian and I have enjoyed cooking since little. I love trying foods from different cultures and experimenting with foods that I am not familiar with. <br />I hope you get to enjoy some of the recipes I am posting on my blog.</p>