Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This works really well made the night before and then baked in the morning. You can assemble it the night before as well to make it easier.
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 6 slices French bread
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces medium hot sage sausage, ground
- Break up sausage into small pieces and brown; drain.
- Tear or cut bread in small pieces.
- Mix eggs, milk, onion, butter and sausage thoroughly.
- Fold in bread.
- Place in refrigerator overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Grease 9x13-inch glass baking dish.
- Place a layer of bread mixture and top with cheese.
- Repeat layers 2 more times ending with cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until brown and bubbly.