Recipe by Felix4067
This works really well made the night before and then baked in the morning. You can assemble it the night before as well to make it easier.
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 6 slices French bread
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces medium hot sage sausage, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Break up sausage into small pieces and brown; drain.
- Tear or cut bread in small pieces.
- Mix eggs, milk, onion, butter and sausage thoroughly.
- Fold in bread.
- Place in refrigerator overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Grease 9x13-inch glass baking dish.
- Place a layer of bread mixture and top with cheese.
- Repeat layers 2 more times ending with cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until brown and bubbly.