Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tingly, tasty, pasta, evolved to our tastes from Cooking light.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 small sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 -4 drops hot sauce
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 4 ounces farfalle pasta, uncooked (bow tie pasta)
- Coat a large nonstick frypan with cooking spray, add oil.
- Place over medium high heat until hot.
- Add sweet red pepper and peas, saute 2 to 3 minutes or until veggies are crisp tender.
- Add green onions and saute 30 seconds or until onions are barely limp.
- Remove from heat, and keep warm.
- Combine sour cream and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl, stir well and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat, drain.
- Place in a serving bowl.
- Add veggie mixture and sour cream mixture, toss.
- Serve immediately.
Very spicy and yummy pasta dish. I doubled the recipe because I wanted to have left-overs to take for lunch. This was very easy to make and low calorie. A tasty way to satisfy my carb craving. Thanks Dorothy.
Dorothy, I loved these! I usually have bow ties with kasha (buckwheat) and this has opened up a new vista for me. I made a full fat version of the recipe, and it was heavenly! I left off the hot sauce (kids and British husband are not into the spicy thing) and added a drop to my serving at the table. I will be making these again, and again, and again...
I tried this with lowfat Alfredo sauce because I didn't have sour cream. This was quite good! Thank you.