Spicy Black Beans With Yellow Rice
- In a soup pot, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and sauté 2 garlic cloves and the jalapeño pepper for about 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add the beans, chili powder, cumin, 1/2 cup stock and cook, uncovered for approximately 25-30 minutes, increasing heat to low-medium. Add the bell pepper last 5 minutes of cooking. Season to taste with salt.
- In the meantime, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a sauté pan and sauté the 2 garlic cloves on low heat for about 2 minutes. Add the remaining 2 cups of stock, bring to a boil. Stir in the rice, reduce heat and cook 17 minutes.
- Once rice is cooked, stir in the spices. Season to taste with salt.
- Arrange the black beans on one side of a serving platter. Arrange the rice on the other half.