Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Wow, and with a kick too! Excellent warming up meal.
- 1 whole chickens (I buy the already cooked whole chicken from the Deli and use that..big time saver) or 4 chicken breasts, cooked and cut up (I buy the already cooked whole chicken from the Deli and use that..big time saver)
- 3 (16 ounce) cansdrained black beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, not drained
- 3 (16 ounce) cansdrained garbanzo beans
- 2 (16 ounce) cansdrained corn
- 1 onion, chopped (you may use any size as it's to taste)
- 3 (14 ounce) cans rotel, drain 2 do not drain 1 (you can use both hot or regular)
- 2 cups shredded carrots (precut in the veggie isle)
- 3 (8 ounce) cans chicken broth (OR your own broth)
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons cumin
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 dash of texas pete hot sauce, to taste
- salt and pepper
- Take the undrained can of black beans and Rotel and put in food processor.
- This will be your soup base.
- Add all ingredients into large crock pot.
- Cook on high for at least 3-4 hours.
i had to halve the recipe to fit into my 5 quart crock.
I couldn't even get the carrots and all the water into my 5.5 quart crockpot. I programmed it for 10 hours at low and when I got in from work, the liquid had bubbled over and onto the floor. It was good but definitely needs quantity adjustments to fit into a normal sized crockpot.