Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I threw this together one night when I was didn't have much time or much in the fridge. We loved it, it tastes like sort of like a sloppy joe but better. Serve it with a green salad and some baby carrots for a really easy meal!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 whole wheat pita bread
- In a large pot, add beef, peppers, and mushrooms.
- Cook on medium until beef is completely brown.
- Drain and rinse fat from the beef mixture and the pot, then return beef mixture back to the pot.
- Add mushrooms and chili sauce.
- Cook on medium, constantly stirring, until the mixture is completly heated.
- Cut the pita pockets in half and warm in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Fill the pocket with the beef mixture.