Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This can be served with Vanilla ice cream. Dough should have a consistency heavier the pancake mix, so it can be dropped by spoonfulls. If necessary use more flour to thicken dough or more milk to thin the dough.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg, separated (Egg white beaten stiff)
- 3 bananas, mashed and sprinkled with
- lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup roughly chopped pine nuts
- Measure, sift and mix all dry ingredients.
- Combine milk and egg yolk, add to dry ingredients.
- Fold in the mashed bananas, egg white and pine nuts.
- Batter should have consistency to be dropped by teaspoonful in hot oil.
- Pour enough oil into skillet to a depth of 1 inch.
- Test heat of oil[approximately 375°].
- Drop by spoonfuls as many as pan will hold.
- Turning as it browns,cook about 5 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, keep warm and just before serving top with ice cream.
I made these for a gathering of friend last night. What a big hit. I doubled the recipe with no problem at all. The flavor was wonderful, not greasy at all. Loved it.
This was pretty good. Not out-of-this-world fantastic but I would make it again. I might try substituting some cocoa powder for flour next time I make them.