Recipe by Ppaperdoll
From a Tesco's magazine in the mid 1990s. A great thing to have marinading in the fridge for when you come home from work. Then all you have to do is throw it in the oven! Add some cooked rice and hey presto, a yummy, spicy dinner! Preparation time does not include marinading time.
Top Review by Loves2Teach
Yum! I made this for my dh & I recently, and we really enjoyed it! I did add some crushed garlic to the mix, and omitted the turmeric because we did not have any. I served it with rice, and salads. Thanks for sharing!!!
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch spring onion (green onions, scallions)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slash chicken breasts crossways on each sid and place in shallow, not-metallic container.
- In a saucepan, warm oil over medium heat. Add cumin, paprika, cumin, and salt and heat through.
- Brush marinade over chicken until thoroughly coated. Cover dish and leave to marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- To cook, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place onions in bottomof ovenproof dish, with marinaded chicken breasts on top.
- Place at top of oven and cook, uncovered, 20 minutes until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve with rice or steamed couscous and a green salad. Good with plain yogurt on the side.