Recipe by Steven R.
Sticky and spicy Asian flavored chicken wings that make a great main dish or a tasty appetizer.
- 1 lb chicken wings (approximately 14 wing pieces)
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki marinade (Soyvay Veri Veri or Kikoman Triple Teriyaki)
- 1⁄2 cup kikoman teriyaki baste and glaze
- 2 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon thai chili flakes (red pepper flakes may be substituted)
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 4 green onions (scallions)
- 1 orange
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all of the ingredients except the green onions and orange and place in a plastic container for refrigeration.
- Salt and pepper the chicken wing pieces on a cookie sheet or cutting board.
- Place chicken in the marinade and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place in greased pan to go into the oven.
- After 20 minutes, remove chicken and flip carefully with tongs.
- Drain excess liquid from roasting pan and place chicken back in oven for another 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the oven. It should be golden brown and have a sticky skin.
- Sprinkle with scallions and add additional chili flakes for added heat if desired.
- Zest the orange peel on the chicken wings and serve hot.