Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love anything different...and spicy...and almondy...and buttery... Adapted from Land O Lakes.
Make and share this Spicy Almond Brickle recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml slivered almonds
- 4.92 ml butter, melted (plus extra to butter foil)
- 7.39 ml coarse fresh ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml sea salt or 2.46 ml coarse grain salt
- 158.51 ml butter
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml light corn syrup
- Heat oven to 350°F Line 15x10x1-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, extending foil over edges. Lightly butter foil; set aside.
- Combine almonds and 1 teaspoon melted butter in small bowl; toss lightly to coat. Spread onto prepared pan. Sprinkle with pepper and salt. Bake, stirring once, 5-8 minutes or until nuts are lightly toasted.
- Meanwhile, combine 2/3 cup butter, sugar and corn syrup in heavy 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Cook 9-12 minutes until candy thermometer reaches 300°F or small amount of mixture dropped into cold water forms hard brittle strands. Remove from heat; stir in toasted nuts.
- Pour mixture onto same foil-lined pan; spread to thin layer. Cool 15 minutes; break into pieces.