Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Adapted from Breads of the World. Posted for ZWT6. Best if made a day in advance.
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon crushed anise seed
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat eggs and honey together.
- Add cream and butter.
- Stir in ground almonds, cloves, and anise.
- Sift flour and baking powder.
- Stir into batter until well blended.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack.
- Don't slice until the next day, then slice very thin.