Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The addition of the cloves to this ham recipe really adds a "zing" to the dish.
- 8 -10 lbs uncooked ham
- 1⁄2 cup spicy mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups ginger ale
- 18 whole cloves
- In a small bowl, mix the mustard, brown sugar, ginger ale and spices, and brush over entire surface of the ham.
- With a knife, score several diamond shaped cuts in the ham and place whole cloves about every 2 inches apart.
- Place ham in a roasting pan and bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes per pound.
- Bake an additional 30 minutes at 400 degrees, basting every 15-20 minutes with remaining glaze.
This is the nearly identical recipe to what we use. I sometimes use crushed pineapple in juice instead of the gingerale. It makes a wonderfull glaze for a ham...my Dad pouts whenever I try to make it another way.