The fresh herbs put this burger over the top. Recipe from A Food Centric Life, Sally Cameron.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces ground turkey (preferably breast and thigh combo or thigh) or 12 ounces chicken (preferably breast and thigh combo or thigh)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, depending on your turkey mix (optional)
- 2 slices ripe tomatoes
- 2 thin slices red onions
- 2 -4 slices avocados
- green lettuce leaves or red leaf lettuce
- 2 hamburger buns (whole-grain, white or white)
ANCHO CHILI SAUCE
- 1In a medium bowl, combine ground turkey, cumin, garlic, parsley, oregano, chives, salt, pepper and olive oil if you are using ground breast. Mix well but gently with your hands. Form into patties, cover with plastic film and refrigerate.
- 2While the burger patties are chilling and resting, make and ancho chili sauce and refrigerate until serving. the recipe will make more than you need. Extra is good on a sandwich or as a dip for raw vegetables.
- 3Fire up the grill (or a grill pan) until hot. Make sure the grill is brushed clean and then coated with a grill-safe spray or a little oil on a wad of paper towels with tongs. Turn heat down to medium, and add your burgers. Grill on one side until browned and grill marks have formed. Turn the burger and finish cooking until they reach 160? - 165? in the center with a digital thermometer. They will feel firm but not hard.
- 4To build burgers, place lettuce on the bottom of the bun, add the burger and top with tomato, onion, sauce and avocado.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Turkey Burgers With Ancho Chili Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 667.1
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 132.6 mg
- Sodium 1335.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 40.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: