Recipe by CulinaryQueen
From a supplement of healthy recipes that came with Good Food Magazine. Counts as 1 point on WW per serving. Can be frozen in portions for a quick meal in minutes.
Top Review by Engrossed
This was an Easy Healthy soup. I made half a recipe as directed using my immersion blender to puree it. I didn't really care for this pureed and found it a little bland. It could be easily spiced up though and I think it would be better chunky or half pureed. The yogurt and coriander are a must. Freddy cat says thanks for the soup! Made for the Photo tag game.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 150 g red lentils, rinsed
- 2 (400 g) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 40 ounces water
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- plain yogurt, to serve (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the first eight ingredients (onion through water) in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 30 minutes or until the lentils are completely soft.
- Let the soup cool slightly.
- Liquidise in batches in a blender or food processor.
- Season to taste with the black pepper.
- Serve with the coriander scattered on top and a dollop of plain yogurt, if using.