Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Every gardener has the same dilemma - what to do with all their zucchini bounty! This is one solution and even makes a great gift.
- 3 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil or 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups unpared coarsely shredded zucchini
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 8x4-inch loaf pans; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, nuts, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and baking powder; set aside.
- In large bowl of an electric mixer, at high speed, beat eggs until frothy. Beat in oil, sugar, and vanilla. Beat until mixture is thick and foamy. Stir in zucchini, pineapple, and flour mixture.
- Pour into prepared pans, dividing evenly. Bake 1 hour, or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let breads cool in pans 10 minutes. Turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
YUMMY! I did make a few changes but nothing too drastic. I reduced the oil by at least half and subbed spiced peach butter. I also have an abundance of faux pineapple so I used a drained pint of that in place of zucchini and pineapple. I topped this with pampered chef's vanilla honey sugar. My daugheter thinking we ate it all last night said this morning, "Can you make some more of that delicious bread"! Even better today!
This was awesome zucchini bread. This was very moist and had great very flavor.
Had thought about freezing one of these loaves, but then decided to gift one to a neighbor couple, who were most appreciative of this GREAT TASTING ZUCCHINI BREAD ~ Moist & delicious, as it should be, & we all loved the cinnamon flavor coming through! [Made & reviewed in Everyday's a Holiday]