Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe courtesy of Southern Living Magazine, April 2007.
- 1 egg white
- 4 cups pecan halves (about 1 lb.)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk egg white in a large bowl until foamy.
- Add pecans, and stir until evenly coated with egg white.
- Stir together sugar and next 4 ingredients until blended; sprinkle sugar mixture evenly over pecans; stir gently until pecans are evenly coated.
- Spread pecans in a single layer in a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Bake at 350° for 18 to 20 minutes or until pecans are toasted and dry, stirring once after 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let cool 30 minutes or until completely cool.
- Note: Store pecans in a zip-top plastic freezer bag at room temperature up to 3 days, or freeze up to 3 weeks.
These are actually pretty good! I was afraid of the cayenne, so I only shook a little in it and it still tasted good. Very easy and quick to make. I sprayed parchment paper instead of foil. Couldn't wait the 30 minutes for it to cool and they are good! I think I forgot the salt too. :)