Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
This was in a mushroom growers leaflet. I love the idea of these with drinks.
- 500 g button mushrooms, whole or sliced
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2⁄3 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Place mushrooms in a large ceramic bowl.
- Combine 1/3 cup oil and spices in and pour over mushrooms.
- Toss well to coat.
- Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat a wok over high heat until hot.
- Add remaining oil and mushrooms and stir fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden and just tender.
- Sprinkle over the chopped peanuts, and serve with cocktail sticks with drinks, or, over steamed rice garnished with yoghurt and chopped cilantro for a light meal.
These mushrooms were absolutley delicious, nice and spicey. I didn't have any peanuts so I omitted them. Served them as appetizers. Thanks
I took these to a party recently and they were very popular amongst the Indian guests. Thanks for posting.