photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
- Place mushrooms into a large ceramic, glass or plastic bowl.
- Combine two thirds of oil, cardamom, pepper, nutmeg, cumin, coriander and turmeric in a small jug.
- Pour mixture over mushrooms and toss well to coat mushrooms in mixture.
- Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat a wok over high heat until hot.
- Add remaining oil and mushrooms and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden and just tender.
- Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
i cut the cumin in half, and added 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, and of course.... SALT the result was very tasty. i used honey mushrooms and chanterelles, cooking them on med-high for 10-15 mins so all the water could evaporate and they could dry out a bit, while get golden and crisp on all the edges. i will make this again. i also put them into a dry nonstick pan, no extra oil.
These just weren't what I was expecting. They seemed to stay very dry (even after adding some liquid to it while it was cooking.) The final product had an okay flavor (to me; my DH did not like) but the texture of all the many spices coating the mushrooms was almost grainy. Served these as a side dish but probably will go another route next time. Sorry.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Under construction... How I rate... 5 stars - perfect, will make again without any changes. 4 stars - Liked it, will make again again but with changes. 3 stars - had to make major changes but got it to work. 2 stars - had to make major changes and it didn't work. 1 star - went terribly, a waste of time and ingredients, I cried, BF cried the cats cried you get the picture...