Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Make your own instant oatmeal to store.
For the mix
- 8 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried fruit, chopped (any kind you like)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
To Prepare Oatmeal
- 1 cup water
- Combine all ingredients for the dry mix and store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
- If you like, you can store individual portions in small ziptop plastic baggies, 1/2 cup mix per baggie).
- To prepare oatmeal to eat, simply measure out 1/2 cup of the dry mix and comine with 1 cup cold water in a deep microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave uncovered on HIGH for about 1-2 minutes or until bubbling, stirring every 30 seconds (after the first time you will get a better idea of what time your microwave requires based on wattage).
- Let stand 1-2 minutes before serving.
I can't believe I never reviewed this! I've made this zillions of times with different fruits and it's awesome! DH complains it doesn't have enough sugar, but it's perfect for me and the kids!