Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick and easy spicey stuffing for vegetables. I use peppers, zucchini tomatoes etc. Also this can be baked in the oven with eggs as a good supper dish. Just break the eggs over the meat and cook till eggs are set.
- 400 gr. ground beef
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 10 curry leaves (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves (to garnish)
- Heat the oil in a pot and add the cumin and mustard seeds, when they start to splutter, add the onions. Fry for 4 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic, fry for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the ground beef. Stir fry till the meat is crumbly and the liquid has evaporated.
- Reduce heat to low, add all the remaining ingredient. Stir well. Cover pot with a lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stuff vegetables, and bake in oven till veg is done.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Delicious and easy. What an incredible aroma- and the taste!!!- fantastic. I was almost wary at the amount of cinnamon, but I trust you Brian! I knew you'd done it exactly right. I stuffed red bell peppers and honestly, didn't love that combination, but we agreed that we will try this with eggplant soonest-- and also with the eggs. This is just a great stuffing, for errr.. your belly-with hot chapatis also! :) A total keeper OF COURSE. Thanks Brian!!!