Recipe by Jostlori
Saving this recipe from the Food Network Kitchens. Looks easy and tasty! Posted for ZWT8.
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander seed
- 1 3⁄4 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 kirby cucumber, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2-1 serrano chili, seeded and minced
- kosher salt and fresh ground white pepper
- 2 -4 naan bread, breads for serving
- 1 -2 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast the cumin and coriander seed in a small hot pan over medium heat, 3 to 5 minutes, or until toasted. Process the seeds in a spice grinder until powdery.
- Combine the spice powder with the yogurt, cucumber, 2 tablespoons cilantro, lime juice, vegetable oil, and chile with 1 tablespoon water in a bowl. Top with remaining cilantro.
- Grill or toast the naan until warm, brush with butter. Serve the raita with the warm naan.