Recipe by Tina D. Breen
Spiced Cranberry Sauce for Holiday Dinner, from my grandmother in-law (G.G. Breen)
- 3 lbs cranberries, fresh
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups seedless oranges, diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together the sugar, water and cranberries in a large stockpot.
- Cover and cook on medium heat until the cranberries break open (approx 10 minutes).
- Stir in oranges, salt, cloves , allspice, ginger and cinnamon.
- Bring to a low boil and cook on low until cranberries break more. (About 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat, and stir in almond extract.
- Immediately spoon into clean glass canning jars of any size and seal immediately with sterilized lids.
- Let cool, then give as gifts. Refrigerate only after vacuum seal is broken.
- **If storing in plastic jars, let cool before pouring into jars, seal and store in the refrigerator.**.
- Makes a total of 64 ounces of sauce.