Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great spiced pancake batter I made myself, and should be good with kids, you don't even have to put syrup on these, I personally like these without syrup and if you do I recommend real maple syrup.
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 7 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sugar or 7 teaspoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract (if using add an additional tablespoon of sugar)
- vegetable oil or nonstick cooking spray
- Take a paper towel and coat with oil and rub fry pan or griddle with the oiled paper towel or spray with cooking spray.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl or large measuring cup.
- Cook until edges are solid and then flip, side that was it started on should be dark not golden.
- Repeat the previous step.
The batter for these pancakes is very thin and I was concerned at how these would turn out. The cakes cooked up nicely but are much thinner than we like. The cinnamon and chocolate is a great combination that was very good. I will make this recipe again but will add less milk for a thicker pancake. Made for Spring 2013 Pick A Chef.
These are great tasty pancakes! I was afraid the spice was going to be too much but added it all as directed and I'm glad I did - it's wonderful and perfect with the chocolate. I did use a bit less milk than specified. Thanks for sharing your recipe!