Recipe by Sue Lau
A delicious tea drink, nice served either hot or cold!
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
Sue, WONDERFUL!! Made it this evening and loved it beyond words. I did not have nutmeg and star anise at home, so, I didnt use those. Also, I substituted the tea bags with fresh tea leaves. I scaled the recipe down to 1 serving and just love it! It has a GREAT burst of flavour. Next time I'll have it cold, but, hot, it is just MARVELLOUS!
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups milk
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 12 black peppercorns
- 12 whole cloves
- 4 inches cinnamon sticks, broke into pieces
- 1 star anise
- 1 whole nutmeg
- 3 slices fresh gingerroot
- 4 black tea bags
- 6 tablespoons honey (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together water and milk in large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Add cardamom pods, peppercorns, cloves, cinnamon stick, anise, nutmeg, ginger root, and tea.
- Remove from heat and steep for 15-20 minutes, according to how strong you like your tea.
- Carefully strain tea through strainer into another pot to remove spices.
- Stir in honey, mixing well to dissolve; mix in vanilla extract.
- Pour into cups and serve warm, or chill and serve cold.