Recipe by evelyn/athens
Exotic flavours combining to make a refreshing dish that is a welcome side to a simple roast.
Top Review by Lorac
Very good! The usual carrot-raisin combination with the striking flavors of coriander, cumin and ginger. I made the recipe as directed. Even though I removed my pan from the heat,it was still too hot and the yogurt curdled. I served the carrots with Beer Marinate Beef Roast #61921. Four stars = Very good, will make again, needs no changes.
- 1⁄2 cup sultana raisin
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced crosswise ¼ inch thick
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup Greek yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, cover the raisins with boiling water and let stand 15 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, combine carrots with enough boiling, salted water to cover by 2 inches and boil 2 minutes.
- In the same saucepan, saute the garlic in the oil over moderately-low heat until fragrant and add carrots.
- Cover and cook 1 minute.
- Add raisins, drained, brown sugar, spices and season to taste.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 5-6 minutes longer, or until carrots are just tender.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool for 2-3 minutes and stir in yoghurt.