Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
From Cooking Light.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups uncooked brown basmati rice
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick (3-inches)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (14 ounce) cans fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pistachios
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add in onion; stir/saute 10 minutes or until golden.
- Add in rice, raisins, cloves, and cinnamon stick; stir well.
- Stir in water, tomato paste, salt, and broth; bring to a boil.
- Cover, lower heat, and simmer 45 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes; discard cloves and cinnamon stick.
- Sprinkle with pistachios.