Recipe by Jellyqueen
Another cake from a cake mix.
Top Review by Photo Momma
Made this for my husband's birthday tonight...WE LOVED IT! I don't even normally like spice cake, but this was delicious! Every year I have to make him a spice cake b/c it's his fave- and I'm so glad I've found one I can make and actually enjoy as well. I made this exactly as the recipe directs, and it turned out perfect. THANKS :-)
- 1 (18 ounce) box spice cake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Cake Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix cake mix, milk, cooking oil, sour cream, rum, eggs and cinnamon.
- Beat on low speed until just moistened.
- Turn to medium speed and beat 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared Bundt pan and bake 35- 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely before glazing.
- Glaze Mix powdered sugar, melted margarine and rum.
- If glaze is not quite thin enough to drizzle, you may thin by adding 1/2 teaspoon water at the time to get the consistency you want.
- Drizzle over cake.