1/2 Photos of Spice Rubbed Lamb With Kumera and Feta Mash
Helen Hes's Note:
From Healthy Food Guide, posted for ZWT5.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g lamb fillets
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup beef stock or 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup red wine, approx
For the mash
- 1Start with the mash. Peel and chop the potato and kumera and cook in boiling water till tender. Drain and add the milk, salt and pepper and mash well. Set aside and keep warm while the lamb is cooking.
- 2Spray the fillets on each side with olive oil spray. Combine the spices in a shallow bowl or plate and roll the lamb in the spices. Rub the spices into the fillets to coat them well.
- 3Heat a grill pan, fry pan or barbecue until medium hot. Cook the fillets for about 5 - 7 minutes on each side for medium rare lamb. Remove from the heat and leave to rest.
- 4In the pan you cooked the lamb in pour in the stock and red wine and deglaze pan. Reduce the liquid till it is slightly syrupy and turn off heat.
- 5Slice meat and serve with the mash and a green vegetable. Spoon sauce over the top and serve.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spice Rubbed Lamb With Kumera and Feta Mash
Serving Size: 1 (440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 712.6
- Calories from Fat 410
- Total Fat 45.6 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 141.2 mg
- Sodium 1367.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 32.4 g