Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the South Beach Diet, Phase 1. Remember to wear gloves when handling chile peppers
Make and share this Spice Rubbed Chicken Fingers With Cilantro Dipping Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro stem
- 1⁄4 cup parsley sprig
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, slivered and blanched
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 serrano chili pepper, seeded
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Coat a grill rack or broiler pan rack with cooking spray. Preheat grill or broiler.
- In a cup, combine chili powder, cumin, and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Cut two 1/2 inch deep slashes in each side of the chicken tenders.
- Rub the spice mixture over the chicken, pressing into the slits.
- Place chicken in a baking pan and coat with cooking spray.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine cilantro, parsley, almonds, garlic, chile pepper, and 1/8 tsp salt. Process until chopped.
- While the processor is running, add lime juice and oil through the feed tube, stopping the machine one or twice to scrape down the sides of the container, until the sauce is smooth. Pour the sauce into a bowl, stir in the water, cover, and chill until ready to serve.
- Place the chicken on the prepared rack. Grill or broil 6" from heat, turning several times, for 15 minutes. (or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of the meat registers 170 degrees F and juices run clear.
- Serve with the sauce.
Fantastic!! I substituted macadamia nuts for the almonds. Otherwise, I made exactly as stated. Served over a salad and used the dipping sauce as a dressing. I think my husband even tried to lick his plate, and he never does that for a salad! Thanks WendyMaq!!