Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this great recipe from the food channel.
- 1 whole chipotle chile in adobo, seeded or 1 teaspoon ground dried chipotles
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds, toasted and ground
- 1⁄4 cup paprika
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 (8 ounce) bison tenderloin fillets
- Combine spices and set aside.
- Heat grill pan or grill to medium-high heat.
- Place spice on a pie pan or large flat plate and dip both sides of each steak into mixture and shake off excess.
- Place steak on grill or grill pan and lower heat if using a grill pan or the spices will burn.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes each side.
- Remove from grill and let rest a couple of minutes before serving.
This is absolutely amazing. Using it on a Christmas roast tomorrow! Used it on bison tenderloin earlier and it was fantastic. Totally recommend.
I used this on buffalo steaks, and everybody absolutely raved about it. The husband was ecstatic and the picky daughter even pronounced it "very good" without prompting. I'll be using it again without a doubt. Thanks!